Sunday, May 13, 2007

up n down

...been readying myself to re-start work on my film about my dad...the easier part was getting malay to do a premiere pro upgrade. but my desktop is hopelessly outdated! pentium3 500MHz just ain't good enough to run windows xp which will run premiere pro...
...looks like i am chicken-ing out of going in for a fully loaded mac desktop with fcp. can't seem to allow myself the extravagance for a personal non-funded film, besides there'll always be better ways to utilise that money...
...got all excited re-reading barthes 'camera lucida'..."ultimately - or at the limit- in order to see a photograph well, it is best to look away or close your eyes. "the necessary condition for an image is sight", janouch told kafka; and kafka smiled n replied: "we photograph things in order to drive the out of our minds. my stories are a way of shutting my eyes"...
...dunno how this my story will shape up. i keep postponing the confrontation. but tomorrow comes diksha, happy to help me with the edit while she waits nervously for a call from ftii. now i'll just have to work!!

No comments: